Mr. Myers' Physical Education and Coaching Page
Degrees and Certifications:
A.S. in Physical Studies and Sport (MCC) B.S. in Physical Education (SUNY Cortland) M.S. in Coaching Pedagogy (SUNY Cortland)
I grew up around the corner in Fairport, where I was almost always being active, playing different sports with friends and for school. My favorite classes in grade school were Vocational Automotive, Principles of Engineering, US History, and of course Physical Education. My passion for competitive games, physical activity and fitness, and the way sports brought people together led to my decision to pursue Physical Education as a career. I wake up every day excited to share my passion with young people, and hopefully provide my students with an opportunity for self-expression and fun!
Welcome Back Everyone!
Although school looks and feels very different right now... I am happy to see our students back at school!
My Remote PE class information can be found by clicking here!
MISSION STATEMENT for PHYSICAL EDUCATION
The mission of the physical education curriculum is to engage students in authentic learning experiences that develop the physical, social, emotional and cognitive skills necessary for all students to be healthy and active for their lifetime.
We believe a comprehensive K-12 curriculum offers…
- developmentally appropriate tools necessary to help students set and achieve their individual fitness goals;
- rigorous authentic experiences and is responsive to all learners regardless of ability;
- next generation learning skills that fosters positive character development.
As a result of participating in the PCSD Physical Education program, students will be able to independently …
- participate regularly in a variety of physical activities as a valuable lifelong skill to promote wellness and health;
- create and evaluate the effectiveness of a personal fitness plan over time and make necessary adjustments as needed;
- demonstrate creative problem solving, communication, responsible risk taking, perseverance, ethical decision making, sportsmanship, empathy and leadership in a real-world setting;
- contribute to group problem solving and creative endeavors that develop social expression, and enjoyment;
- apply knowledge and demonstrate competency in a variety of physical activities.