COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Before applying to any college or requesting a Transcript to be sent to a college, please schedule your Senior Conference with your Counselor. To make an appointment, please see Mrs. Lista or Mrs. Dunning in the Counseling Office. Please know your Common App PASSWORD for the meeting.
2. See detailed process before meeting: DETAILED COLLEGE APPLICATION PROCESS
This program includes 15 different virtual presentations applicable to current grades 9-12 to help students and parents with the college planning process. Presentation topics include Early College Planning, College Admissions, College Visits, College Essays, Financial Aid, Standardized Testing, the SUNY System, and even information for college success, developing career plans and more.
A Program for Juniors: SAT/ACT Q&A Seminar
A recorded Zoom event with MHS Director of Counseling, Eric Domroes, and Mike Bergin, a nationally recognized testing expert, who discuss all the changes in standardized testing and college admissions over the last year -- what the tests are, when to take them and why they matter, and what you can and should do about them, especially in light of the unprecedented times in which we are living.
In lieu of the "Junior Night" we usually host every year at MHS, the Counseling Office put together a presentation for Juniors and their families to help guide them through the College Search Process. The ~20-minute presentation covers:
- finding the best college match
- components of the application process including transcripts, standardized testing, and essays
- brief information about financial aid
- support from the Counseling office will provide throughout the process.
Mendon High School Counseling
Pittsford Mendon High School
472 Mendon Road
Pittsford, NY 14534
Phone: (585) 267-1660
Fax: (585) 385-2369
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00AM-4:00PM
CEEB Code: 334529