MISSION STATEMENT for SCIENCE
The mission of Science education in Pittsford Central School District is to develop students who:
- View the world through the lens of a curious and scientifically literate mind.
- Critically evaluate scientific information related to their everyday lives.
- Engage in discussion on science-related issues.
- Acquire and apply scientific knowledge to unique situations.
As a result of participating in the PCSD Science program, students will be able to independently …
- generate open ended questions and seek answers.
- design and carry out a systematic investigation to explain phenomena and/or answer a question.
- construct, communicate and defend logical explanations about science related issues.
- use scientific knowledge and understanding to inform ethical decisions.