HERE WE GO 2019-2020 DECA THEME
DECA (also known as Distributive Education Clubs of America) is an international association of high school and college students and teachers of marketing, management and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service. The organization prepares leaders and entrepreneurs for careers and education in marketing, finance, hospitality, management, and other business areas.
DECA IMPACT - ON 21ST CENTURY SKILLS, NEXT GENERATION SKILLS, & COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
- 97% of DECA members report they learned how to communicate thoughts and ideas.
- 97% of DECA members report they gained skills to improve personal and professional behavior.
- 96% of DECA members report they gained skills in problem solving.
- 89% of DECA members report they learned how to work as part of a team
- 89% of DECA members report that DECA experiences empowered them to become an effective leader.
- 89% of DECA members report that DECA experiences connected school to the real worked for them.
- 87% of DECA members report that participation in DECA prepared them academically for college and a career.
- 73% of DECA members are more interested in attending school.
*research findings courtesy of the National Research Center for College and University Admissions. (DECA Direct January-February 2020)
For more information, click here.
Role Play Instructional Areas
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 Club Officers
Rohan Krishnan -President
Important 2019-2020 Dates
Registration Paperwork due by Friday, October 18, 2019
DECA Regionals @ RIT - Thursday, December 19, 2019
(Registration fee included in $50 DECA dues)
*Regional Testing - Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Those who do not test will be unable to compete at Regionals.
DECA States February 26 - 28, 2020 in Rochester, NY - Qualifying Members Only
(Registration fee is about $600/pp and includes lodging, food, transportation & competition fees)
*Parent Meeting for States - TBD
*State Testing - TBD
DECA Nationals April 29 - May 2, 2020 in Nashville, TN - Qualifying Members Only
*Parent Meeting for Nationals - TBD
(Registration is about $1,000/pp and includes lodging and competition fees. Transportation & food is an additional cost.)