Next Level 2020-2021 DECA THEME
DECA - Advisor Mrs. Keller
DECA (also known as Distributive Education Clubs of America) is an international association of high school and college students and teachers of marketing, management and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service. The organization prepares leaders and entrepreneurs for careers and education in marketing, finance, hospitality, management, and other business areas.
DECA IMPACT - ON 21ST CENTURY SKILLS, NEXT GENERATION SKILLS, & COLLEGE AND CAREER READINESS
- 97% of DECA members report they learned how to communicate thoughts and ideas.
- 97% of DECA members report they gained skills to improve personal and professional behavior.
- 96% of DECA members report they gained skills in problem solving.
- 89% of DECA members report they learned how to work as part of a team
- 89% of DECA members report that DECA experiences empowered them to become an effective leader.
- 89% of DECA members report that DECA experiences connected school to the real worked for them.
- 87% of DECA members report that participation in DECA prepared them academically for college and a career.
- 73% of DECA members are more interested in attending school.
*research findings courtesy of the National Research Center for College and University Admissions. (DECA Direct January-February 2020)
For more information, click here.
Role Play Instructional Areas
Congratulations to the 2020-2021 Club Officers
Important 2020-2021 Dates
Registration Paperwork due by Friday, October 29, 2020
DECA Virtual Regionals - Week of December 7 - December 11, 2020
(Registration fee included in $50 DECA dues)
*Regional Testing (Online) - Week of November 30, 2020-December 4, 2020
Those who do not test will be unable to compete at Regionals.
DECA States TBD
(Registration fee is about $600/pp and includes lodging, food, transportation & competition fees)
*Parent Meeting for States - TBD
*State Testing - TBD
DECA Nationals April 24-27, 2021 in Anaheim, CA - Qualifying Members Only
*Parent Meeting for Nationals - TBD
(Registration is about $1,000/pp and includes lodging and competition fees. Transportation & food is an additional cost.)