MISSION STATEMENT for SCIENCE
The mission of Science education in Pittsford Central School District is to develop students who:
- View the world through the lens of a curious and scientifically literate mind.
- Critically evaluate scientific information related to their everyday lives.
- Engage in discussion on science-related issues.
- Acquire and apply scientific knowledge to unique situations.
As a result of participating in the PCSD Science program, students will be able to independently …
- generate open ended questions and seek answers.
- design and carry out a systematic investigation to explain phenomena and/or answer a question.
- construct, communicate and defend logical explanations about science related issues.
- use scientific knowledge and understanding to inform ethical decisions.
Click to go to the PCSD Mission Statement page for full mission statements for all curricular areas.
Ryan Bell - Webpage firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Walker - Webpage email@example.com
Gary Buckert - Webpage firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Parham - Webpage email@example.com
Mark Pellegrino - Department Leader - Webpage firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie Lore Geigel - Webpage email@example.com
Leslie Hanellin - Webpage firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Hosey - Webpage email@example.com
Jeffrey Mellon - Webpage firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Setting: Earth Science (Regents and Honors)
Living Environment: Biology (Regents and Honors)
Physical Setting: Chemistry (General, Regents and Honors)
Physical Setting: Physics (General, Regents and Honors)
Please see Elective Course Descriptions for Prerequisites or Requirement Substitutions
Animal and Human Behavior
Computer Science and Software Engineering
Human Anatomy and Physiology I
Human Anatomy and Physiology II