Newbery Book Club
BRMS Newbery Book Club
This is a mock Newbery club. The purpose of the club is to read and evaluate a selection of the best middle grade books published during the current year. This is a collaborative club with other middle schools in the Rochester area. In January/February, club members from all schools will come together and vote for the book they believe deserves to win our mock Newbery Award based on official Newbery criteria.
- Attend as many meetings as you can. It's ok to miss a few as long as you are reading and participating in book discussions on the Newbery Club Teams page.
- Read all (or most) of the required books.
- Share ideas and opinions respectfully & with an open mind.
- Click to see this year's meeting schedule.
- Click to see this year's book list.