School closings are broadcast on early morning radio & television shows, starting before 7:00.
When the school is closed for emergency reasons all evening activities are canceled.
Early, emergency dismissals due to weather and/or other situations are kept to a minimum. However, when it happens, please follow these guidelines:
- For special circumstances (working mothers, babysitters) your child's teacher should know your emergency plans. Your child needs to know where to go in the event that you are not home.
- Do not call the school - phones are needed for emergencies.
- Do not drive to school unless you have a severe emergency - the bus loop becomes clogged with cars and the buses are unable to leave.
- The principal makes the decision regarding when and how those who walk will be released.
- If bused students are held at school at parents' request, they are released to their parents, or to other adults who have a written release from the parents.
- The school is supervised until all students are safely on their way home.
- The district's central phone line remains open until all buses have arrived back at the garage.
- In the event that students must be held for several hours or overnight, their needs can be adequately met.