* Set up a consistent daily routine for your child including homework and reading time
* Go over all the work coming home in the MCE folder with your child (have them explain what we're working on)
*Encourage risk taking (acknowledge and praise children for taking risks and approaching a challenge even if they are unsuccessful)
*Place the focus on your child's strengths not their weaknesses-it's important to acknowledge and work with them on their areas of weakness, but be sure to acknowledge their strengths equally!
*Schedule play dates with classmates
* Read daily with your child
* Write letters to family members/friends
* Take trips to Barnes & Noble, local libraries etc.
* Ask questions about the stories they are reading
* Xtra math (math flash cards through 20)
* Practice counting piles of coins (up to $1.00)
* Play dice/card games (Yahtzee, Monopoly, Rack-O, Quirkle, Dominoes etc.)
Email me with ANY questions or concerns. This is a partnership and I am here to help!