Lecture topics for the 2019 - 2020 academic year are posted below. While lecture will cover many topics over the course of the year, it is essential that you read the sections of the textbook as listed below with each lecture.
To succeed in WHAP, a combination of Lecture Notes, Textbook and Review Book is recommended.
Listed below are the readings for the Strayer and Nelson Textbook that go along with each lecture.
Remember, it is required that you take the notes during the lecture days.
This will not only better prepare you for the Seminars but also the AP World: Modern National Exam on May 14th 2020.
If you have any questions, see Mr. LeVan in the Social Studies Office or Room 222.
PERIOD 1 (Unit 1 and 2): 1200 C.E. - 1450 C.E.
Lecture 1 - Dar al-Islam
- Monday, September 9th & Tuesday, September 10th
Lecture 2 - South Asia through the Mughal Empire
- Wednesday, September 11th & Thursday, September 12th
Lecture 3 - African Empires up to European Arrival
- Monday, September 16th & Tuesday, September 17th
Lecture 4 - Americas up to European Arrival
- Wednesday, September 18th
Lecture 5 - The Development of Europe
- Monday, September 23rd through Wednesday, September 25th
Lecture 6 - The Development of China and the Far East: Tang/Song to Yuan
- Monday, September 30th through Wednesday, October 2nd
Lecture 7 - Trade Routes
- Monday, October 7th
Lecture 8 - Comparison: China and Europe
- Tuesday, October 8th & Wednesday, October 9th
PERIOD 2: 1450 C.E. - 1750 C.E.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the amazing lectures!