PCSD Inclusivity Advisory Committee
The Inclusivity Advisory Committee provides guidance to the Superintendent of Schools regarding systems, structures, policies, regulations and experiences related to inclusivity. The 21-member advisory committee includes a diverse cross section of volunteers who were chosen by the District Planning Team, after an open application/screening process, based on their experience with diversity and inclusion topics such as culture, disabilities, ethnicity, gender and sexual identity and equity, mental health, race, religion, interfaith and others. Among the members are 10 community members.
The purpose of the Inclusivity Advisory Committee is to ensure that PCSD is a place where students, families and staff feel a sense of acceptance, connectedness, and validation; a place where diversity and differences are viewed as strengths. The committee will initially meet monthly from 5:30 – 7 p.m. to analyze multiple types of various stakeholder data to better understand and identify the District’s strengths and areas in need of improvement.
- Regular meeting attendance
- Adherence to collaboratively established committee norms
- Active listening and participation through meetings
- Representation and communication with constituency group
- Participation on relevant sub-committee or ad hoc committees, if needed
- Review of data/information aligned to the purpose and goals of the committee
- Respect recommendations made by consensus and adhere to collaborative decisions
Volunteer members have experience or expertise in diversity and inclusion related to the following areas:
- Gender and sexual identity and equity
- Mental health
- Religion and interfaith