W.I.N is an acronym for "What I Need". Within our schedule, we have a designated time, every day, for W.I.N.
The goal of this time is basic and simple: all students will engage in learning based on their individual needs.
W.I.N time includes, but is not limited to:
- services (Speech, OT, PT, Resource Room, ELL instruction)
- intervention instruction (Math Resource, Reading Resource)
- enrichment instruction (instructional challenge)
- academic support in the classroom
- Genius Hour/passion projects
- Independent Reading Partnerships
- organization support and check-ins
- computer-based practice
- center-based practice
- homework help
Each and every student is unique and special. Students will learn and accept that each classmate may need to work on a different task during W.I.N. time to best meet individual needs.
All of 5th Grade has designated W.I.N time from 1:30-2:10. This time is consistent and on a daily basis.