Lunch - MCE Handbook
Lunch is held in the cafeteria for all grades. Please make note of the lunchtime for your child’s grade when it is listed in the MCExpress at the beginning of the school year. Students may bring or buy lunch. A hot lunch, several cold lunch alternatives, and a variety of a la carte items are available for purchase daily.
The Debit System
For your convenience, the Pittsford School Food Service Department offers a Debit Account through MySchoolBucks.com so that students buying lunch can purchase what they like with the amount being debited from a prepaid account. Debit cards for each child will remain in school and will be distributed in students’ classrooms each day to those students who are buying lunch that day. Although cash will be accepted, students are encouraged to use the debit system to help speed up the line and give them more time to enjoy their meals.
Prepayments may be sent directly to the cafeteria manager at your child’s school prior to the start of the school day or be sent to the Food Service Office at 100 Mendon Center Road, Pittsford, NY 14534. Checks should be made payable to Pittsford Food Service. One combined check may be written for all children attending the same school if you are sending the check to the school itself, or one check for all of your children in the district may be sent to the Food Service Office.
Only one complete lunch meal may be purchased by a student each day, and parents can set limits on the number of ala cart purchases their children are allowed to make. A note will be sent home when the account is running low, and any money left in the account at the end of the school year will be rolled over to the next school year in September. When adding money to an account, parents are requested to use increments of $20.00. Further details are available from the Food Service Office at 267-1096.
Cafeteria aides supervise children during lunch, keeping order during this busy event. It is important that your child recognizes that the same expectations of safety and respect that s/he follows in the classroom under the Levels of Behavior apply to behavior in the cafeteria (see also Discipline). The following Cafeteria Rules are reviewed with children in their classrooms and are reinforced throughout the year. Please review them with your child as well.
- Walk respectfully in the cafeteria and hallways.
- Follow the bathroom pass system.
- Use conversational voices while talking.
- Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
- Remain seated until you are given the signal to line up.
- Clean up after yourself. Recycle milk cartons, juice boxes and water bottles in the recycle bins. Throw all of your trash in the proper trash cans.
- Use a pass when you have permission to go to another area of the building.
- If the fire alarm rings, leave everything at your table, quietly line up, and wait for your aide to walk you outside.
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.