Pittsford Central School District – Beginning Orchestra Program
Responsibilities and Procedures
- I will carefully practice my music at home and come to all lessons prepared to join-in on the fun!
- I will remember my instrument and all necessary equipment on my lesson day.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to know when my lesson is and to get myself to the lesson room
- “on-time” and will arrive just 2 minutes before the lesson begins.
- I understand that chewing gum is not allowed in lessons, rehearsals or performances.
- I understand how to place my instrument case in the correct location – for safety purposes.
- I will know how to being our lesson:
- I will demonstrate how to open my case carefully.
- I will be able to rosin my bow correctly – north to south – very important!
- Then, I will carefully take my instrument out of its case.
- I will demonstrate proper rest position and instrument position with using a correct bow hold.
- I understand that keeping our bows under control ****AT ALL TIMES****
- is the most important safety issue at our lessons, rehearsals and performances.
- I will strive to read musical notation and understand musical terminology.
- I know how to show proper care and maintenance of my instrument
- before, during, and after the lesson.
- I know not to play anyone's instrument except my own.
- During all lessons, I will demonstrate how to be an active and respectful musician
- putting forth my very best effort.
- I know that I am valued and respected as a young musician at all lessons, rehearsals and performances.
- Above all, I will show and demonstrate respect toward my:
- fellow lesson group members,
- my teacher,
- my instrument and
- to me!