Welcome! I am very much looking forward to working with your child this school year! I will be using the Remind App for information and pictures this year. I will continually update this section with more infomation soon.
Please, feel free to contact me by email or by phone. I will do my very best to reply within 24 hours! My email address is: Jason_Mathewson@pittsford.monroe.edu. My phone number is 585-267-1700.
My goal is to keep all of you updated with our awesome school work and various activities that we complete throughout the school week. I look forward to working with all of you this school year, as well!
General Classroom Information:
Students should have the homework for the day written in their agenda. I go over our assignments as a whole class and model what should be written in our agenda. I also have the homework posted in TEAMS and my Teacher Page. On my Teacher Page, the tab is labeled Homework Assignments. I have added each student to our classroom TEAMS account. Please do not worry if you do not have access to TEAMS or have trouble. I want to post it in a few locations just in case!
- Throughout each day, students will be given homework in a variety of subjects.
- The one assignment that never changes is to read each night for 20 minutes.
- I have requested that students show their parent/guardian their agenda and to inital anywhere on the page under that current date. I check for signatures each morning.
- If an assignment is not handed in the next day or if a signature is missing, I will remind the student about our homework expectations and send a reminder note home.
- If there is an increase in missing assignments, a conference may be setup to discuss ways to help a student be successful.
Each student was given a red take home folder. This folder is given to students to carry completed work home, as well as bring in any documents/notes to our classroom.