Meet Mr. Barnhardt
I am so excited to be teaching 5th grade at Mendon Center Elementary! I have taught Kindergarten and First Grade in the past, and now I have the pleasure of team teaching with Mrs. Higgins! She will be teaching Math and I will be teaching Social Studies. This is a wonderful school filled with a knowledgeable and caring staff. I am thrilled to be your teacher and I know we will have an awesome school year! Here are some interesting facts about myself.
- My wife and I have two children. Our oldest son is named Cameron and he is 4 years old. Our youngest son is named Austin and he is 2.
- My wife and I were married in Hawaii! She is a teacher too!
- I spent four years in the Air Force after I graduated high school. I was in the 4th Special Operations Squadron located at Hurlburt Field in Florida. I was an enlisted aircrew member on the AC-130 Gunship.
- I have traveled to many different places around the world including Italy, Germany, South Korea, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Hawaii, Guam, Australia and many others.
- I received my bachelor's degree from SUNY Oswego in Childhood Education and my Master's degree from Nazareth in Literacy Education.
- I am a First Sergeant in the Air National Guard located at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station. I have to report to drill one weekend per month and two weeks per year.
- We also have a dog named Penny and we just rescued a cat who we named Edith Grace.
Some of my favorite things to do are:
- Go to the movies
- Spending time with family and friends