Counseling Services at Pittsford Schools
The PCSD counseling department empowers students to independently do their best work and be their best selves. Students will develop the character and skills necessary to participate ethically and productively in a global society.
As a result of participating in the PCSD Counseling program, students will be able to independently:
- understand and reflect upon personal strengths, skills, and actions to guide life decisions; and flexibly adapt to change;
- act respectfully, responsibly, and ethically in all contexts.
- apply perspective taking and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive relationships;
- utilize a variety of resources to set and reflect upon personal, academic, and career goals;
- problem-solve and resolve conflict using creative and innovative thinking skills;
- apply perseverance, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-discipline to productively participate in all settings.