Mrs. Carpin's Class Schedule
Arrival: 8:30 am
Lunch & Recess: 11:45-12:30
If you would like to meet your child for lunch, you are welcome to do so! If you are bringing food with you, please be aware that we have a strict "no food sharing" policy at MCE. You may bring in food for you and your child, but please do not offer food to or share with other students. Thank you!
Dismissal: 3:05 pm
Our school uses a 6-day schedule.
The schedule in the corner of this page represents the general plan for our six days. You can view it and print it by clicking on the image. While this schedule represents what we will normally do, individual days will vary based on the needs of the class.
We go to a "special class" every day from 10:50-11:30. On Days 2, 3, and 4, we also have a "special class" from 12:50-1:30. You can find the "Day" number on the district calendar.
In my class, I have "color coded" the days to help me remember each one:
DAY 1: Phys. Ed. 10:50-11:30
DAY 2: Art 10:50-11:30 & Library 12:50-1:30
DAY 3: Phys. Ed. 10:50-11:30 & Computer Lab 12:50-1:30
DAY 4: Art 10:50-11:30 & Music 12:50-1:30
DAY 5: Phys. Ed. 10:50-11:30
DAY 6: Music 10:50-11:30
"RTI" stands for "Response to Intervention"; "WIN" stands for "What I Need". This time is reserved to focus on specific needs observed in the classroom. No new content is introduced during this time. Students will likely be working on many different activities, depending on their needs. They may even join students in other classrooms during this time. Activities during the RTI block may include but are not limited to:
- one-on-one or small group work with a teacher to reteach or reinforce difficult topics
- time to finish work or make corrections to work
- conferencing with a teacher or peers about a project
- practicing skills such as typing, math facts, spelling, etc.
- meeting with and working with one of our school specialists
- working on an extension or enrichment assignment
- participating in small group activities or projects to practice or apply skills learned in class