Creating a great newspaper issue does not happen by accident--or by magic!! It starts by having great ideas, then taking the time and doing the work to help each other create interesting, entertaining articles. Here is an overview of our process:
Step 1: Think of a great idea!
- Something you find interesting
- Something related to school, Pittsford, the world
- Something students or their families will find interesting
Step 2: Decide what information you want to include about your idea, and how you will get it
- Talk to people who are involved.
- Research online or in a book
- Visit and observe
Step 3: Use the information you gathered to write a first draft.
- Organize your ideas and points.
- Think of a title or headline to go with your idea.
- Use the good writing skills you use in school!
Step 4: Bring the draft of your article to our next meeting!
- Draft articles may be handwritten or typed.
- We will share our articles with each other (peer review) and get ideas for making them even better!
Step 5: Prepare your article for publication!
- Make changes based on feedback from the peer review meeting.
- Type your article. Please use Times or Cambria.
Please do NOT use different colors or fancy fonts
your article to Mrs. Carpin: