Comprehension & Text Features Games
Comprehension & Text Features Games 3rd-5th Grade
This reading comprehension resource focuses on eight research-based strategies: Using Prior Knowledge, Making Connections, Questioning, Visualizing, Inferring, Summarizing, Evaluating and Synthesizing.
- Author's Purpose - Author's Purpose Activity - Learn and practice author's purpose.
- Author's Purpose - Author's Purpose Online Quiz - Take an online quiz on author's purpose.
Cause & Effect
- Cause & Effect - Social Studies Skills Tutor - Click on Cause & Effect and practice the skill.
- Cause & Effect - Stealing Home - Practice the cause and effect skill with the text Stealing Home.
- Cause & Effect - What Caused It? - Learn and practice cause and effect.
Compare & Contrast
- Compare & Contrast - Compare Contrast Map - Online compare and contrast interactive map.
- Compare & Contrast - Comparison and Contrast Guide - Learn about the compare and contrast skill.
- Context Clues - Guess Who? - Use context clues to solve a riddle.
- Context Clues - Reading Comprehension Passages - Read the passages and use context to choose which word would go in the sentence.
- Context Clues - Tutorial - Learn about context clues and practice the skill.
Drawing Conclusions & Making Inferences
- Inference - Social Studies Skills Tutor - Click on Drawing Inferences and Conclusions and practice.
Fact & Opinion
- Fact & Opinion - Online Quiz 2 - Take an online quiz on the fact and opinion skill.
- Fact & Opinion - Social Studies Skills Tutor - Click on Distinguishing Between Fact and Opinion and practice.
- Figurative Language - Eye on Idioms - Learn about and practice idioms.
- Figurative Language - Paint by Idioms - Practice determining the meaning of idioms.
Main Idea & Details
- Main Idea - Did I Read It or Not? - Learn about the main idea skill and practice.
- Main Idea - Get the Idea - Learn and practice the main idea.
- Main Idea - Social Studies Skills Tutor - Click on Main Idea and practice the skill.
- Sequence - Comic Book Sequence - Place the comic book sections in order.
- Sequence - Sequence of Events - Learn about the sequence of events in a story and practice.
- Sequence - Social Studies Skills Tutor - Click on Sequence and practice the skill.
- Summarize - Summarize Nasreddin Stories - Summarize the stories and practice reading comprehension skills.
- Summary - Paraphrase Craze - Learn and practice paraphrasing.