Technology Green Projects
The District Technology Department has implemented the following green initiatives:
- Power saving settings are activated during school / work hours
- Shut-down scripts are run every night at 6pm on all computers on the District network
- Purchase energy compliant, flat panel LCD screens instead of large CRT monitors
- Reducing the number of printers where possible saving on energy and cost of toner
- Continue to purchase devices with solid state memory that reduces power consumption.
- Using refurbished printer cartridges
- Recycling all computer packing materials used during shipping
- Purchasing energy star rated laptops
- Recycling 100% of our electronic waste
- Reducing the number of servers through server virtualization** thus saving on electricity and cooling requirements
** Server virtualization is a proven technology that enables multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical server.