Academic Intervention Services
Procedures for Determining Requirements to Receive Services
In accordance with Commissioner’s Regulations, the Pittsford Central School District provides Academic Intervention Services (AIS) to identified students in an effort to assist them in meeting the New York State learning standards. Students are identified to receive AIS services through a two-step process as follows:
1. Students who score below the median scale score between level 2 and level 3 on the NYS ELA and/or math assessments, grades 3-8, are identified for consideration.
2. Additional multiple measures of student performance are used to determine which students will receive AIS services. These measures may include, but are not limited to:
- Locally developed writing tasks;
- Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Reading assessment (F&P);
- Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA-2);
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSELAT);
- Locally developed end-of-year assessments;
- AIMSweb probes;
- Performance Series Assessment;
- Report card grades and comments;
- Teacher observations
At each building, a team of professionals including classroom teachers, administrators, reading specialists and math specialists review the data profile of each considered student to determine if the student is performing below expectations on multiple measures and if the student is required to receive AIS services. Level of AIS service is then determined on an individual basis.
If you have questions about AIS services, please contact your child’s school.