About the Foreign Exchange Student Program
Youth exchanges provide foreign exchange students with an American perspective, giving them a more balanced understanding of our country. They encourage new perspectives in Pittsford students that open their minds to the world, and offer students on both sides of the exchange an opportunity to grow and gain maturity. The Pittsford Foreign Exchange Program helps our students:
- Gain cross cultural experiences and learn firsthand about other cultures and customs;
- Create life-long friendships across cultures;
- Gain new perspectives on our country and the world;
- Begin to understand how tightly connected the peoples and countries of the world are to each other; and
- Offer an understanding of other languages and cultures particularly with respect to career and personal opportunities.