Algebra I Honors
Welcome to Algebra I Honors! I’m very excited you are here and I look forward to a successful year together. Below are procedures and expectations for student success:
- Large (1 ½ or 2 inch) three ring binder, paper and 4 pocket dividers. Students are provided with an outline explaining how notebooks should be maintained.
- PENCILS!! All work passed in to me must be in pencil. Pencils or pens may be used for note-taking.
- Two Dry Erase markers
- Calculator: TI-Nspire
- TESTS, QUIZZES & PROJECTS: Tests will be given at the end of every chapter. Quizzes, both formative and summative will be given when appropriate.
- WEEKLY REVIEWS: Occasionally, you will receive and turn in a weekly review. You may receive help during the week. These reviews will count as a quiz grade and will not be accepted late!
- HOMEWORK: Homework will be assigned and checked daily. Effort is the primary objective and papers will be evaluated accordingly. All work must be neatly shown, in pencil.
Classroom Expectations/BRMS Six Core Principles
Kindness Responsibility Respect
Justice Fairness Empathy
Standards and Procedures
1. Warm Up: This will be on the board each day. It will get your brain “warmed up!” Usually, you may talk while completing, but the exercise needs to be done by the time class starts.
2. Homework: The assignments for the day will be posted. You are responsible for writing the assignments in your agenda. These will also be on my webpage. Worksheets may occasionally be linked there also.
3. Missing/Incomplete Work: Homework is checked daily. If you do not have homework completed, you will be required to come in for lunch to work on it. This includes incomplete work.
4. Lessons: If you have a music lesson scheduled during Math, please come to class FIRST. Bring assignment to show me for credit. Pick up any notes and worksheets. Either find a “buddy” that can give you the notes or come in during lunch to work with me.
5. Make up work: You are responsible for any work that you miss for whatever reason (music lessons, appointments, illness, vacation). Please see me right away so that arrangements can be made to make up the work. If you are absent for more than 2 days, you can request work through the Main Office.
6. Extra Help: Please do not hesitate to ask for help. We all need it sometimes! See me to set up a time before or after school, or during my planning periods, (posted on my webpage, under schedule.)