Welcome to 7Honors Math! I’m very excited you are here and I look forward to a successful year together. Below are listed procedures and expectations for student success:
- Large (1 ½ or 2 inch) three ring binder, paper and 3-4 pocket dividers. Students are provided with an outline explaining best organizational strategies for notebooks.
- PENCILS!! All work passed in to me must be in pencil. Pencils or pens may be used for note-taking.
- Two Dry Erase markers
- Calculator (recommended: TI-30XIIS or any scientific calculator with SIN/COS/TAN buttons)
- Internet source, (computer, ipad, etc.), for viewing videos online. Please see me if this might pose a problem for you.
- TESTS, QUIZZES & PROJECTS: Tests will be given at the end of every chapter. Quizzes, both formative and summative will be given when appropriate.
- SPIRAL REVIEWS: Occasionally, you will receive and turn in a spiral review assignment. You may receive help during the week. These reviews will count as a quiz grade!
- HOMEWORK: Homework will be assigned and checked daily. Effort is the primary objective and papers will be evaluated accordingly. All work must be neatly shown, in pencil. Students will be required to come in and work with me should an assignment be missing or incomplete.
Classroom Expectations/BRMS Five Core Principles
Kindness Responsibility Respect Fairness Integrity Empathy PERSEVERANCE
Standards and Procedures
1. Warm-Up: This will be on the board as you come in each day. Please follow directions given. The opening activity needs to be done by the time class starts.
2. Homework: The assignments for the day will be posted. You are responsible for writing the assignments in your agenda. These will also be on my webpage.
3. Missing/Incomplete work: You are responsible for any work that you miss for whatever reason (music lessons, appointments, illness, vacation). Please see me right away so that arrangements can be made to make up the work. If you are absent for more than 2 days, you can request work through the Main Office.
4. Extra Help: Please do not hesitate to ask for help. We all need it sometimes! See me to set up a time before or after school, or during my planning periods. Refer to the homepage for my daily schedule