These are all of the resources you will need for our two day lesson about creating Powerful Presentations!
Day 1- Modify an Existing PPT Slide
Select one of the following ppt. slides (Related Files below- Examples 1-6) and modify it so that it is an effective slide.
When you are finished remember staple a self-assessment rubric to the print out of your slide. Turn it in to Mrs. Baller, Mr. Burritt or Miss Pettee.
Day 2- Create a Powerful Slide
Choose one of the following "Big Ideas" and create a slide to communicate that idea. You should simplify and paraphrase the idea. Quotes should be left in their entirety.
- Wind is one of several important alternative energies of the future.
- The rain forest is a possible source for many great scientific discoveries.
- Fast food is a major contributor of childhood obesity.
- The United States of America is a vast country.
- Less is more.
- 15 billion gallons of soda are sold in the US each year.
- It is a fact that we have better recall for visual information.
- Young people are digital natives
- Los Angeles is the most polluted city in the United States.
- A plastic milk jug takes 1 million years to decompose.
- Roughly 38 billion plastic water bottles end up in U.S. landfills each year -- 100 million every day!
- Quotations (do NOT paraphrase):
- "The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun." Ralph Nadar
- "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
- "A room without books is like a body without a soul." Cicero
- "The road to knowledge begins with the turn of the page." Anonymous
- "A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl