PSAT / NMSQT
TEST DATE: Wednesday, October 12, 2022
LOCATION: Mendon High School (exact testing location will be shared before the test date)
TIME: 7:40AM – ~11:30AM**
Students should arrive to MHS no later than 7:40AM. Students will be excused from classes and will not miss any instruction. Juniors who choose not to take the PSAT will follow their usual schedule and can take the opportunity to catch up on work. Students will have time to eat after the PSAT is completed.
**Please note, the timing will differ for students who are approved through College Board for Extended Time. Those students will be informed individually in advance of the test.
TEST FEE: $25.00 paid online through the Pittsford Payment Center (https://www.pittsfordschools.org/Page/107) or checks payable to PCSD (student’s name printed on check) and delivered to the MHS Counseling Office no later than September 30, 2022. Once paid, the student is registered. There are no additional forms to complete. DEADLINE: September 30, 2022
MATERIALS TO BRING ON TEST DAY:
- Photo ID (last year’s student ID OR driver’s permit/license OR passport are all acceptable)
- #2 Pencils with erasers (no mechanical pencils of any kind permitted)
- College Board Approved Calculator. A calculator is permitted and even recommended on one PSAT Math section, however, all problems can be solved without a calculator. No calculators will be available on site. Please refer to https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/taking-the-tests/test-day-checklist/approved-calculators for guidelines on approved calculators.
- The PSAT is used as a performance indicator for the SAT and scores will also be used for consideration into the National Merit Scholarship pool. Though it is recommended, the PSAT is not required and PSAT scores are not used for college admissions. More detailed information about the PSAT and practice tests are available online at https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt. Once registered, students can get their PSAT Student Guide, available in the Counseling office.
- To register for the PSAT, juniors simply pay $25.00 online through the Pittsford Payment Center (https://www.pittsfordschools.org/Page/107) or bring/send a check payable to PCSD to the MHS Counseling Office no later than September 30, 2022. On personal checks, please make sure to PRINT the student’s name on the memo line. For online payments, the portal will open on Tuesday, September 13th and close on September 30th. There are no additional forms to complete. Once paid, the student is registered. Please be mindful of the deadline.
- Fee waivers, covering the cost of the test, are available to those students who qualify. Students should work with the MHS Counseling Office to register. For eligibility, go to College Board Fee Waivers and for more detailed information about fee waivers, please see: PCSD Fee Waiver Letter.
QUESTIONS?: Please contact Karina Anderson, MHS Counseling – College/Career Center
PSAT scores are released in early December after the test. Students will receive an e-mail to the address they used to create their College Board account. Students will be able to link their score report by connecting their College Board account with Khan Academy for free, online, personalized SAT prep. Click on the Khan Academy logo/tree to be directed to their site.