MHS Math Department
Mrs. Erica Bonin
Mr. Mark Catalfano
Mr. Mark Dougherty
Mrs. Carrie Gunther
Ms. Paige LaBarr
Mrs. Andrea Lanctot
Mr. Jason March (Department Leader)
Mr. Tony Martellotta
Mrs. Maureen O'Neill
Ms. Tara Schneider
Ms. Anne Marie Stockslader
Mrs. Kim Waterbury
Other information you can find by using links on the left:
How to get help with your math work
How to get involved with math outside of math class
MISSION STATEMENT for MATHEMATICS
The mission of Mathematics education in Pittsford Central School District is to develop mathematically literate students who have conceptual understanding and procedural fluency that promote their ability to:
- problem solve
- communicate the process of thinking and reasoning mathematically
- make ethical, well informed decisions based on their mathematical insight
As a result of participating in the PCSD Mathematics program, students will be able to independently …
- take risks and persevere in solving problems using strategic thinking and communicate solutions with appropriate precision and efficiency.
- use mathematical reasoning to construct viable arguments, evaluate multiple representations, reflect on the process, and critique the reasoning of others.
- employ appropriate tools and a variety of mathematical strategies to analyze and model relationships in order to make decisions, draw conclusions, learn from mistakes, and anticipate future challenges.
Students are required to successfully complete a minimum of three years of high school mathematics and achieve a passing grade on the NYS Algebra I Regents Exam. In addition to the Regents Diploma requirements, students pursuing the Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation will need to achieve a passing grade on the NYS Geometry and Algebra 2 Regents Exams.