Home & Career Skills
MISSION STATEMENT for FAMILY & CONSUMER SCIENCE
The mission of Health and Family & Consumer Science in PSCD is for all students to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to independently make healthy and responsible choices regarding their personal wellness throughout their lifetime. Wellness encompasses physical, social, emotional, spiritual, occupational, economic, mental and behavioral areas of a person’s life.
As a result of participating in the PCSD Health and Family & Consumer Science program, students will be able to independently …
- access, evaluate, and reflect on the personal use of valid health information.
- apply critical thinking and decision making skills to enhance personal wellness.
- effectively communicate with others to enhance and advocate for their personal wellness.
- generate safe and healthy solutions when confronted with life’s problems and/or challenges.
- recognize, manage, and take responsibility for their emotions and behaviors.