MISSION STATEMENT for TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
The mission of Technology Education is to develop motivated, ethical students who autonomously apply interdisciplinary skills and knowledge to embrace the challenges of an ever changing global community.
As a result of participating in the PCSD Technology Education program, students will be able to independently...
- act and work, in an ethical, responsible and safe manner;
- critically identify and analyze a situation;
- apply the engineering design process to solve a problem and evaluate a solution;
- monitor, evaluate and adjust a process taken to reach optimal outcomes;
- determine an effective process to safely complete a task with craftsmanship, using appropriate resources;
- organize, communicate and collaborate effectively with others to identify, develop and evaluate solutions to problems or tasks;
- effectively and efficiently make use of time and materials to complete a given task;
- apply self-reflective skills for continuous improvement.