Welcome Incoming Students!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone on September 4th! If for whatever reason you and your family cannot attend, then I am looking forward to meeting you on the first day of school, September 5th!
About Me (Professional):
- This will be my sixth year teaching 5th grade at Thornell Road.
- I earned my undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University at Buffalo.
- I worked for several years at Paychex before choosing to return to school and pursue a profession in education.
- I earned my graduate degree in Childhood and Special Education from Nazareth College.
- Prior to being hired full time, I held several long term substitute positions in the Pittsford school district, as well as substitute teaching in Brighton and Victor.
About Me (Personal):
- I live in Henrietta with my wife Casey, our son Kieran, our chocolate lab Reese (age 13), and yellow lab Maggie (age 2).
- I enjoy outdoor activities, such as playing in a summer softball league and hiking the Adirondack high peaks!
- I started hiking five years ago and have completed Esther, Colden, Whiteface, Dix, Hough, Grace Peak (formerly known as East Dix), South Dix, Macomb, Marshall, Skylight, and Gray. When I hiked my first high peak I wasn't planning on becoming a 46er, but we will see what happens in the coming years.
For the Parents:
I am looking forward to working not only with your children this year, but also you! If you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask me as I highly value open communication and cooperation. Last year parents mainly communicated with me through notes, emails, phone calls, and meetings, but this year we are also going to try using Remind!
Please note: Homework postings will occur on Edmodo after we get the class set up in the coming weeks. You will receive important handouts every Friday in your children's Friday Folder.
Please also note the following.
- Parent signatures in agenda for 2 weeks, then no longer required. If a student misses a day then the 2 weeks resets. This is to help students get back into the school routine after the summer.
- Signatures in Friday folder for full year.
- Please sign up for parent/teacher/student conferences on back table on September 4th. If you know you can't make it, please contact me and I will let you know of available times.
- If interested, please sign up for parent volunteer coordinator, and/or party sign up on the back table. Again, if you're interested, but was unable to make it to school on September 4th, please let me know and I will let you know what is available.
Here's to a great year!