Welcome to Home and Career Skills with Mrs. Evans!
What is Home and Career Skills?
Home and Career Skills (or Family and Consumer Sciences education) empowers individuals and families across the lifespan to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. The unique focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships.
The mission of family and consumer sciences education is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments
- Successful life management, employment, and career development
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and successes in family and work life
Check this site for homework assignments, classroom news, resources
and other important links.
Turn Every Paper in On Time!
Always Go the Extra Mile ! Do 110% !