Mrs. Page's Website
This page is designed for use by students in Mrs. Page's
7th Grade Red Team Science Class.
I posted the Key Terms for the new chapter, Chemical Bonding, on here today. If you're still working on the Periodic Table chapter, I would try to wrap that up soon. Remember, you don't have to complete everything that I posted. The important thing is to have a good understanding of the different groups on the table.
I'm in the process of transitioning towards doing everything in Teams. I will continue to post work here as well, but please get yourself set up in Teams if you haven't yet. I will be posting assignments on there that will need to be turned in. Please let me know if you're having trouble with Teams.
The Periodic Table chapter test is posted, along with its answer key. Consider the test a learning experience. Take the test, either by printing it out or writing the answers on your own paper. Then check your answers with the key. Go back and look at the questions you got wrong and try to figure out why. It is not graded, and you don't need to turn it in to me. However, I availble by email if you have questions or want me to know how you did.
I just posted the Alien Periodic Table lab for anyone who wants a challenge. I think it's fun, but it can be very frustrating. Don't let it ruin your day, and don't fight with your parents about it! The lab is in 3 different pieces, so be sure you open all the files. If you're running out of printer paper, you really only need to print the blank Periodic Table. I don't have an answer key here at home, so I'll work on that today and post it for you tomorrow.
Today I posted the quiz for this chapter. When you think you're ready, take the quiz. It's very short! I also posted the answer key so you can check your own work - don't worry about turning anything in. In the next few days, I'll also be posting a lab and the test for this chapter, also with their answer keys. I moved all of last week's assignments to the "Past Due" column just so that it would be easier for you to find what is new. If I haven't heard from you either by email or on Teams, please send me a quick email and let me know when you've finished the Periodic Table chapter. When most people are done, I'll start putting up the Chemical Bonding chapter.
I posted a video from Khan Academy under Assignments. It's about 9 minutes long, and might be useful if you're struggling.
Here's a few things that students will hopefully find helpful:
1. There is now an answer key to the entire packet under Assignments. You must click on Assignments, and then click on the assignment title to open any directions or links.
2. Don't feel like you need to complete every worksheet. I'm not assigning nightly homework because this chapter is just designed to get you more comfortable with the Periodic Table. Use the study guide and the list on the inside front cover of your packet to show you how much you know or still need to cover.
3. There is a Periodic Table with the element names on it in both the back of your textbook and in your agenda. There is also a copy of the table used in class under the My Reosurces tab.
4. There are links to several helpful sites under the My Links tab, but don't be afraid to get your textbook out!
5. Feel free to scan or take a picture of any work that you want me to look at or help with, and then email it to me.
Do your best, and we'll get through this together!