Pittsford Mendon High School
472 Mendon Road
Pittsford, NY 14534
Main Office: (585) 267-1600
Attendance Office: (585) 267-1609
Fax: (585) 267-1679
School Hours: 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: Approximately 950
- Built: 1972
In 1968, school district school board members, administrators and members of the community concluded that a new high school would be needed to meet the increasing enrollment needs of the district. Voting by residents on a new high school and elementary school was set for April 2 in 1968. Cost of the new high school was projected at $6.6 million.
The proposal called for the building of a high school on the 40 acres on Mendon Road at the juncture with West Bloomfield Road. The property had been purchased by the district in 1965. The new building would be scheduled for completion in 1971 with the ability to accommodate 1,200 students with the possibility of additions to expand to meet future growth.
Design features of the two-story building included 37 conventional classrooms grouped to allow use by subject or grade level and areas for instruction in special subjects. Four lecture rooms for large group instruction and for use as study halls were also part of the design. A commons area adjacent to the swimming pool, cafeteria, auditorium, gymnasium and library were planned along with two inner courts to provide natural lighting for classrooms. The 1,000-seat auditorium would accommodate the new high school population as well as other district school and community needs.
September 1972 was set as the opening date for the new high school. Originally projected to open September 1971, opening was delayed due to a five-month building trades strike and the disruptive nature of opening a school in mid-year. The new high school was named Pittsford Mendon High School and the Pittsford High School located on Sutherland Street became Pittsford Sutherland High School. The names are in keeping with the district tradition of naming schools for the roads where they are located.
Pittsford Mendon is the school home for 959 students in grades 9-12. The 2002 revitalization project upgraded the facilities with an addition of a physical education teaching station and a conditioning room. The library was relocated and expanded and classroom space for special education was provided. All the science classrooms were renovated and upgraded and kitchen equipment was replaced.
In addition, locker room showers were renovated and restrooms added near the auditorium. New exterior bleachers have been added along with the replacement of gym and pool bleachers, the scoreboard and timing board. Handicapped access was provided in the health office and between the commons and the gym. The technology infrastructure was upgraded as were the electrical service, public address, telephone, and fire alarm systems. Renovations were made to the plumbing and bathrooms, light fixtures were retrofitted, and exterior doors replaced. All these upgrades and renovations were completed in 2005-2006.
|1st Period||7:40 - 8:21|
|2nd Period||8:25 - 9:11|
|3rd Period||9:15 - 9:56|
|4th Period||10:00 - 10:41|