Mr. Dougherty's Home Page
ALL OF MR. DOUGHERTY'S MATH WORK WILL BE PUT ON ONE NOTE AS IT HAS MOST OF THE YEAR.
PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR TEAMS APP TO MAKE SURE IT IS UP AND RUNNING ON YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER IN OFFICE 365.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR PITTSFORD EMAIL EACH DAY. INTEND TO CONTACT YOU AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK.
1. TI-nspire CX. It will be used for all 4 years of high school so you will get your money's worth out of it. They can get by the first few weeks of school with a scientific calculator, but very soon the calculator will become critical. The sooner the students are comfortable with the new calculator the better. I have a set for class use only, so leaving them at home is an option if you are concerned it will be lost or broken. Phones will not be allowed to be used as calculators
2. A 3 ring binder big enough to have 2 sections. One for notes and homework the second for graded work. I would suggest cleaning out the notes section every 1 or 2 units and the graded assignments at the end of each quarter. Save these at home to study for midterms and finals.
3. I would encourage them to have a pouch to keep their pencils, erasers and pens and their calculator. One that clips into their binder may be handy.
1. A binder big enough to hold one unit worth of notes. A 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch binder should be large enough.
2. Students will be using the TI-nspire calculator in class. It would be helpful if they had the same calculator at home. Students used it in class all of last year and are familiar with it. I have a set they can use in class, but cannot leave the classroom.
3. I would encourage them to have a pouch to keep their pens,pencils, highlighters erasers and their calculator if they choose to bring their own. One that clips into their binder is handy.
Functions and Trigonometry
1. Students should have a binder. One section should be for notes and homework and one section should be for graded work.
2. Materials needed everyday will include a pen and pencil as well as a calculator. Hopefully most have a TI-nspire CX. They can do homework on this. There is a class set that will be available for in class work only.