Newbery Book Club
BRMS Newbery Book Club
This is a mock Newbery club. The purpose of the club is to read and evaluate a selection of the best middle grade books published during the past year. This is a collaborative club with other middle schools in the Rochester area. In January/February, club members from all schools will come together and vote for the book they believe deserves to win the Mock Newbery Award based on official Newbery criteria.
- Attend as many meetings as you can. It's ok to miss a few, just be sure to keep reading and participating in the online discussions.
- Read all required books and complete a Newbery Book Log for each of them.
- Share ideas and opinions respectfully & with an open mind.
- Participate responsibly in online discussions. Remember, you're representing BRMS!
- Meetings will be held during lunch and after school in the library lab. Meeting dates are listed on teh schedule below.
- Mandatory pre-field trip meeting. Club members attending the field trip must attend one of the pre-trip meetings.
- Newbery Showdown! Field Trip to Irondequoit Public Library for final celebration and Mock Newbery Award voting.